THREE NEW MEN TO BE ELECTED TO BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF ALUMNI ASSOCIATION

Ballots Are in Mail Containing Names of Nine Candidates--All Voting Will Be Done by Mail--No Polls in Cambridge During Commencement

Ballots bearing the names of the nine candidates for the Board of Directors of the Alumni Association are now in the mails addressed to all alumni eligible to vote.

This year for the first time, there will be no voting in Cambridge on Commencement Day, but all voting must be done by mail.

The list of candidates follows:

Russell Tyson '90 of Chicago, former president of the University of Chicago and of the Harvard Club of Chicago and a member of the building committee of the American Fund for French wounded. In 1918-19 he was in Paris as chief of the Home and Hospital Bureau of the American Red Cross in France.

James Madison Morton Jr. '91 of Fall River, a justice of the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts and former chairman of the Fall River Police Commission. He is chairman of the board of directors of the Wentworth Institute and vice-president of the New England Federation of Harvard Clubs.

Clement Biddle Wood '98 of Conshohocken, Pa., member of the law firm of Morgan Lewis, and Bockins. He served in 1916-17 with the Pennsylvania Guard on the Mexican Border, and in France in 1918-19 as a major of held artillery. He was a member of the University Crew which defeated Yale in 1899, and is a member of the Graduate Rewing Committee and vice-president of the Harvard Club of Philadelphia.

Thomas Crimming '00 of New York City, president of the Thomas Crimmons Construction Company. In 1916 he served with the New York National Guard on the Mexican Border and served during the World War as a Colonel in the One Hundred and Second Engineers and later was in Rome with the American Commission to Negotiate Peace. he was one of the organizers and a former president of the Harvard Engineering Society. he is a director of the Employers Mutual Insurance Company, a trustee of the United States Savings Bank, a director of the Reconstruction Hospital, secretary of the Contractors Protective Association, and a member of the board of managers of the Roman Catholic Orphan Asylum.

Edward Perkins Davis '99 of St. Paul, Minn, president of the Northwestern Trust Company, and former vice-president of the Alumni Association and of the Western Division of the Associated Harvard Clubs.

Walter Sherman Gifford '05 of New York City, president of the American Telephone and Telegraph Company, and director of the New England Telephone and Telegraph Company. In 1916 he was director of the Committee on Industrial Preparedness of the Naval Consulting Board from 1916 to 1918 a member of the Council of National Defense, and in 1918, secretary of the American Section of the Interallied Munitions Council in Paris.

William McNeal Rand '09 of Ringham, Treasurer and general sales manager of the Merrimac Chemical Company and treasurer of his College class. He has served for several years on the Graduate Track Advisory Committee, part of the time as chairman. From 1917 to 1919 he was a lieutenant, senior grade, in the United States Navy.

Ralph Lowell '12 of Bedham, a trustee of the Provident Institution for Savings, and a member of the Suffolk Savings Bank for Sailors. He is a trustee of Noble and Greenough School and of the Dedham Public Library. He served during the war as a Lieutenant-Colonel in the Infantry, and is treasurer of his College class.

Charles Allerton Coolidge Jr. '17 of Boston, with the law firm of Ropes, Gray, Boyden and Perkins. He was second marshal of his class at its graduation. From 1917 to 1919 he was a Captain of Infantry, Machine Guns, with the Army in France.

Three of the nine candidates mentioned above will be elected by postal ballot this year, each for a term of three years. The Directors of the Alumni Association whose terms will expire on Commencement Day are W. Cameron Forbes '92 of Norwood, Henry S. Dennison '99 of Framingham and Richard B. Wigglesworth '12 of Milton.