"PERSONALITY PLUS"

The innovations which Dr. Allport has begun in Social Ethics 8 appears at first much less important than it really is. The questionnaire seems a trifle amusing, dealing as it does with tag days and tonsorial applications, but the more reflection that takes place, the more sensible they appear. The whole method of approach must necessarily be directed along the most intimate and personal lines if the result is to be of any value.

This attempt to estimate a man's personality goes much further than the relation it bears to the Social Ethics Department. It is distinctly a progressive step in educational methods, a prophecy of what the next few decades have in store.

Research of individual personality, brain tests, and mental analyses are products of the last few years. People are gradually beginning to realize that it is possible to look inside a man and understand his actions from the previous experiences and habits of his mind. Criminal punishment and the problem of the insane have only slightly benefitted from these new methods. A great deal can be done in the future along all lines of personal welfare. Dr. Allport's efforts deserve the most serious consideration.