BECK HALL WILL REMAIN UNIVERSITY DORMITORY

Purchase by Stillman Retains Historic Building in Friendly Hands-No Changes Will Be Made

"Beck Hall will remain absolutely unchanged through its recent purchase," announced Stephen W. Sleeper '97, of the firm of Sleeper and Dunlop, who handled the purchase of the old dormitory by C. Chauncey Stillman '98. The transaction, which was announced yesterday, will in no way change the status of the building.

"Beck Hall has come into friendly hands and there need be no fear of its being in any way altered. If will remain as a dormitory for the College and there will be no new developments whatever."

The announcement of this transaction puts at rest the fear felt by many members of the University and alumni that the venerable dormitory, the College home of Mr. Stillman, would be demolished to make room for a hotel or an apartment building. It had been announced in February that Beck Hall would be turned over to the wrecking crew this June.

The dormitory was bought technically, by the Meodna Farms. Incorporated of New York, but it is interpreted as a personal purchase by Mr. Stillman, who is president of the corporation.