TELEPHONE REPRESENTATIVES HERE MONDAY AND TUESDAY

Bell System Sends Experts to Interview University Members

Representatives of the Bell Telephone System will visit Harvard on Monday and Tuesday, May 11 and 12, to interview Seniors who may wish to learn more of the system's activities as a field of work. Individual conferences with men interested will be held at the Union, and appointments for such conferences may be made in the blue books at the Union, or at University Hall, South Entry.

Employment representatives of the New England Telephone and Telegraph Company, the New York Telephone Company, the Western Electric Company, and the American Telephone and Telegraph Company will participate in the interviews.

The Bell System has available this year a number of positions affording a wide choice of work and location for qualified college men. For men of Arts and Science training, these positions involve both the direction of business operations and the development and analysis of economic and business data.

Although the growth of the Bell System during the last few years has been unprecedented, all indications point to the continuance of that growth and an increasing, rather than abating, demand for telephone service. Such a rate of growth, together with increasing complexity of the telephone art, calls for a new potential leadership in the technical, administrative, and commercial fields of the system.