STUDENT SONGSTERS TO SING AT UNION TONIGHT

MOYNAHAN HAS ORGANIZED NEW INSTRUMENTAL ORCHESTRA

This evening at 7.30 o'clock students in the University will gather in the Living Room of the Union for the first "Song Night." This will be the first and probably the last occasion this year at which the suggestion for community singing put forward by the CRIMSON, sponsored by the Union, and backed by Dr. Archibald T. Davison '66 will be put into practice.

In order to insure the success of "Song Night," the Union has arranged to have as conductor Dr. Davison. It has also secured in orchestra led by J. L. Moynahan '24 to provide the instrumental music, and will give out at the meeting programs of the college songs which are to be sung. A large number of Glee Club members who have worked under the leadership of Dr. Davison are expected to be present.

No decision has yet been made on the question of making a series of "Song Nights" a regular feature of the college year. Much depends on the interest shown by members of the University tonight. The Union has supplied the opportunity and Dr. Davison the leadership. The latter feels that Harvard's songs are the equal of those of any college in the country, and that up to the present there has been no opportunity to sing them, except at the two football mass meetings where, he says, music degenerates into noise.