"ARE YOU READY, HARVARD?"

No man now in college can remember the peculiar spinal thrill that can be inspired only by the sight of a smooth and powerful Harvard crew sweeping across the finish line at New London, a winner. For several years Harvard has not even expected to win.

This year, however, there is a notable change in the situation. Although Yale's crew is undoubtedly good, the University eight leaves for Red Top tomorrow full of confidence, determined to wipe out a long and unbroken series of defeats. With it go the prayers and hopes of all Harvard men.

If ever a crew were worthy of the confidence of the College, it is this one. In its two races so far it has shown itself powerful, fast, game, and capable of further improvement. Indeed the note of greatest optimism is in the fact that Coach Stevens has not yet brought his men to the peak of their form and speed. With the proper amount of hard work that peak will be reached on June 19.

Then, at the end of the race when whistles are blowing and crowds cheering, eight Harvard oarsmen may rest triumphant at the finish until they have caught eight blue-trimmed rowing shirts, thrown to them across the water by the Yale crew.