THREE UNIVERSITY CREWS OFF TO PHILADELPHIA

THIRD CRIMSON CREW FAVORED TO REPEAT WIN

Three University crews left last night for Philadelphia where they will row tomorrow in the American Henley on the Schuylkill. The Second and Third University crews, and the first 150-pound eight are the Crimson entrants in the Regatta tomorrow, in which 47 crews will strive for honors.

U. of P. Has Strong Second Crew

Against the powerful Junior eights of Pennsylvania and the Naval Academy, the University Second crew is not being given much consideration by the dopesters, especially as the Crimson boat has already suffered a six length defeat at the hands of the Second Red and Blue shell. In spite of a recognized improvement in Coach Stevens' eight, it is probably not strong enough to cross the line a winner this year although it will be a contender.

Crimson Twice Winner of Third Race

Although the race for Third crews has only been held during the past three years, the University entrant in this race has been successful twice. The 1925 Third University crew has only been rowing together for three days, but it made remarkably fast time in a practice brush with the Second eight on Wednesday. There is a strong opinion in Harvard rowing circles that the Third crew has the most chance of any of the Crimson entries for turning in a victory.

H-Y 150's Race Again

The quality of the opposition in the 150-pound event is not known, and Captain Merrill's crew may come through a winner. Yale has entered the first Blue 150-pound boat, completely reorganized since its defeat by the Crimson two weeks ago. Coach Spuhn's eight should defeat the Elis again, although a marked improvement in the Yale crew will probably be apparent.

The First and Freshman crew squads will leave for Red Top on the one o'clock train tomorrow, to be joined by the Second crew next Tuesday. Coach Stevens will go directly to New London from Philadelphia, and Coach Brown will go to Red Top the early part of next week.