FRESHMAN NINE MEETS DARTMOUTH 1928 TODAY

GOLF TEAM AND TENNIS MEN ALSO HAVE MATCHES

The Freshman baseball team will face its first collegiate opponent at 4 o'clock this afternoon when it meets the Dartmouth Freshman nine on the University diamond. The 1928 team has come through a series of eight preparatory school games with seven victories and but one defeat and will have an opportunity to show today what it can do in University competition.

The invading team from Hanover has a clean season record except for one setback at the hands of Goddard Seminary. The single defeat came last Saturday when the school team got the long end of a 5 to 3 score.

Coach Davidson's line-up is once more back to its full strength. With Pollard, Adams, and Norris again in the game, he will put practically the same team on the field which monopolized the scoring during the Freshman trip. Barbee will again start in the box with Linscott at second base. The latter has proved his ability at any part of the field and will play the whole game on the second corner unless he is called in for relief in the box.

At 4 o'clock this afternoon on the second diamond, the second baseball team will face the strong Worcester Academy nine which last Saturday nosed out the Freshman team by a 1 to 0 score. Coach Lake's team, despite its setback at Exeter Saturday, hopes to reverse the decision given in the 1928 encounter, especially since it gained a victory over the Freshmen in practice yesterday.

E. C. Herrmann '25, who has recently become eligible by his release from scholastic bans, will probably be on the mound for the scrubs. It will be his first appearance in two years.

While the University team rests after its victory over Williams, the second team meets Newton High today and the Freshmen play Andover. Through the postponement of the Colgate match last week, this is the first match for the second team. Newton High, playing a four man team, will meet the seconds at Woburn.

The Freshman team plays at Andover in its second match of the season. The Saturday match with M. I. T. showed the 1928 team's strength, when the Freshmen walked off with a clean sweep.

The University golf team will meet M. I. T. this afternoon in a match to be played at the Brookline Country Club, beginning at 2 o'clock. The team will be composed of only four men instead of the customary six. They are Clark Hodder '25, C. L. Peirson '25, K. D. Cole '27, and H. M. Bohlen '25.