DAVISON APPROVES COMMUNITY SINGING

Advocates Wider Knowledge of Harvard Songs--Union Preparing Schedule for Group Practice Singing

"I heartily approve of the University Community singing plan as projected by the Union and the CRIMSON," said Dr. A. T. Davison '06, Associate Professor of Music and Conductor of the Glee Club, in an interview to the CRIMSON yesterday. "I feel the plan is a worthy one in every way, and shall be glad to co-operate in any way possible. I shall be delighted to accept the invitation of the administration of the Union and act as conductor for the projected singing."

Too Little Opportunity for Singing

Dr. Davison, whose Glee Club M. Kousevizkv recently termed one of the two best in the world, stated that he considered it of primary importance that men in the University should be given opportunity to sing the many excellent songs which are a part of every Harvard man's inheritance.

"Harvard has many excellent songs." Dr. Davison pointed out," "songs that are the equal of those of any college in the country. It would be an inestimable advantage if these songs could be sung by the undergraduates. It is true that during the football mass meetings there is opportunity for this, but there are but two mass meetings, and the excitement of the occasion mages the songs little more than a glorified cheer."

Program to Be Chosen in Few Days

Dr. Davison will announce the program for the first meeting in the course of the next few days, and the date and other details will be made public in the immediate future.

An official statement issued last night by the Union concerning the matter read as follows:

"The Union is delighted that Dr. Davison has been able to accept the invitation to act as conductor for the singing, and will cooperate in every way to make the plan a success and will provide appropriate instrumental music."