GORE HALL VICTOR IN INTERDORMITORY SPORTS

SMITH WINS SPRING SPORTS FROM GORE BY 6 POINTS

By tying for second place in the spring sports with an aggregate of 13 points, Gore Hall captured the title in the interdormitory athletic competition. Smith led in points during the spring, but the lead piled up by Gore during the fall and winter proved too great to be overcome.

In tennis alone Gore led in the spring sports. Smith carried off three firsts--in crew, track, and the number of letter men, and Standish led in baseball.

By winning the title, Gore is awarded the cup for Freshman dormitory athletic supremacy. The name of the winning dormitory is inscribed on the bronze shields in each dormitory which were presented three years ago by Mr. J. I. Straus '93. Since the inauguration of the contests 11 years ago, Standish has captured the title five times, Gore four, and Smith 3.

The summary of spring events follows: Baseball Standish  5 Gore  3 Smith  1 Crew Smith  5 Standish  3 Gore  1 Track Smith  5 Gore  3 Standish  1 Tennis Gore  5 Smith  3 Standish  1 Numerals Smith  5 Standish  3 Gore  1 Totals, Smiths 19; Gore 13; Standish 13.