INTENSIVE PRACTICE FOR CRIMSON TEAM

Coady, Miller, Crosby and McGlone Make Up Team A Backfield With Cheek and Stafford on Sidelines

Intensive practice for University football candidates under the new Fisher-Daly regime was continued in the new Stadium practice field yesterday, the workout being held only in the afternoon. Morning practice is a thing of the past, as single sessions are scheduled for today and tomorrow, and next week will bring scholastic engagements to the gridiron men, precluding double-time drill.

Dummy Scrimmage Yesterday

Practice was continued yesterday along the same lines which marked the early days of the week. Team A and B were put through a long dummy scrimmage, lasting for more than threequaters of an hour. These light workouts are due to give way to more serious work by the first of the week with the first game but eight days in the offing.

A bad blow to the early-season University machine which the coaching staff have been building up is the loss of J. J. Maher '26, who came out of Wednesday afternoon practice with an injured leg. Maher is a veteran backfield man with two years of University experience and considered one of the mainstays of the 1925 outfit. His disability, which will probably keep him off the field for three weeks or a month, will mean that a new adjustment in the backfield will be necessary at least for the first two games of the season.

Experimental Shifts Continue

An entirely satisfactory combination for team A has as yet evidently not been found by Coach Fisher as experimental shifts are being made in the line-up each day. Sales and Salton stall were the Team A ends, as they have been for practically the whole week. The middle men of the line were shifted yesterday. Daly replace Hoague at left guard. McGlone was in charge of the team from the quarter back position with Coady, Miller, and Crosby making up the rest of the backfield. Cheek and Stafford were both in uniform although neither participated in the dummy scrimmage.

Substitutions Made In Scrimmage

Team B presented a line-up more similar to that of Wednesday with only two or three shifts. Substitutions were made on both teams during the scrimmage. In Team A line-up Turner went in at center for Adie, Daniel substituted for Kilgour at guard, and Baldwin took Saltonstall's place at right end. Trip for Fordyce at left tackle and Gamache for Macomber at center were the two Team B changes.

The Team A line-up yesterday follows: Madison Sayles '27, Le.: E. R. Nash Jr. '26, I.t.; L. F. Daley '26, I.g.; R. W. Adie '26, c.; R. L. Kilgour '27 r.g.; C. M. Lindner '27, r.t.; W. F. Saltonstall '28, r.c.; J. C. McGlone '26, q.b.; A. H. Miller '27, l.h.b.; J. P. Crosby '28, r.h.b.; C. D. Coady '27, f.b.

Team B lined up thus: Daniel Simonds 28, l.c.; J. R. Fordyce '26, l.f.; Gcorge Hoague '26, l.g.; W. R. Macomber '27, c.; C. H. Bradford '26, r.g.; B. R. Taylor '26, r.t.; E. H. Bradford '26, r.e.; F. S. Mesely '27, q.b.; Henry Chauncey '28, l.h.b.; W. R. Chase '26, r.h.b.; N. S. Howe '26, f.b.

The Team C array was as follows: A. O. Fordyce '28, l.e.; Q. L. Shapire '28, l.f.; E. S. Dantell '26, l.g.; R. W. Purner '28, e.; G. M. Laimbeer '26, r.g.; B. C. Tripp '28. r.f.; C. R. Baldwin '26, r.e.; Nathauiel Hsmlen '27, Q.b.; J. N. Barbee '28, l.h.b.; J. S. Malick '27, r.h.b.; R. W. Fuffer '26, f.b.