MONDAY CLOSING DATE FOR RHODES SCHOLAR APPLICANTS

Lowell Is Receiving Awards of Rhodes Awards Sekeers

Applications from men who wish to be nominated from Harvard for Rhodes Scholarships must be submitted to President Lowell before next Monday. Under the rules of the scholarships, the various colleges submitting candidates must select their representatives by October 24, and the final election of Rhodes Scholars will take place on December 12.

These scholarships, open to unmarried citizens between 19 and 25 years of age who have completed at least two years of college, are tenable for three years and carry an annual stipend of 350 pounds sterling. Candidates may apply in the state where they reside or where they have received at least two years of their college education. The Rhodes Scholars are appointed without examination on the basis of their record in school and college, and there is no restriction on their choice of studies. Elections in 1925 will be from 32 states.

Candidates in Harvard and Massachusetts may secure application blanks and further information from Professor W. C. Green '11, 44 Shepard Street, Cambridge, Secretary of the Committee of Selection in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, or from the President's office in University Hall.