THREE TEAM MEMBERS REACH THE SEMI-FINALS

HASKINS HAD HARD TUSSLE TO OUTDISTANCE POOL

Three members of the championship Crimson squash team have weathered the storm of opposition in the University tournament to win places in the semifinel round and the last berth will be decided when H. N. Rawlins '27, number one player on the squad, meets P. R. Pease '26, second team veteran, Monday afternoon. R. S. Wright '26, L. S. Haskins '26, and P. M. Lenhart '27, are the three players who have already established themselves in the round before the finals.

Wright, number one player on the University quintet, who only recently recovered from a period of illness which prevented him from playing in the championship match with B. A. A., did not appear to have regained his top form in his close two game victory over T. E. Jansen '26. Neither game went to deuce, but the play was close and fast with the loser pressing Wright hard.

Rawlins Takes Dixon For Ride

The closest match in the round before the semi-finals was Haskins' 2 to 1 win over J. L. Pool '28, who sprang a big surprise early in the tournament by defeating Captain G. D. Debevoise '26. The winner after dropping the first game to his opponent, was trailing by several points in the second contest, when he hit his stride and came from behind with a rush to win the second and third games. Lenhart had little difficulty in taking the measure of J. D. Dubois 2L, when the loser attempted to play Lenhart's own style, a soft game.

Rawlins, who is favored to enter the semi-final round and who is also considered as the strongest contender for the title at the present time, took four straight games yesterday from W. P. Dixon '25, national champion, who has been practicing with the Crimson players for the past few days in preparation for the defense of his title next month in Washington.