TEAM B SQUASH HOPES WITHER UNDER PROTEST

HASKINS WINS WAY TO FINALS IN UNIVERSITY TOURNEY

With the championship of the Class B division of the Massachusetts Squash Racquets Association in sight and only three more games in which to overtake the faltering leaders, the fast coming University second team suffered a serious blow to its hopes when it was announced yesterday that T. E. Jansen '26, number one player, has been declared ineligible following a protest from the other teams in the league. The star Crimson performer is first substitute for the University team played in two of the Class A matches earlier in the season.

The protest will be undisputed by the members of the team although previously there had been no question of eligibility raised. The loss of Jansen, coming at the most crucial point in the race for the Class B title, will seriously handicap championship matches with the leading Newton Center Quintet and the Union Boat Club squad. The team will probably line up for the next match will the four members of the squad advanced one place and E.D. Pratt '26 in fifth position.

Haskins Wins Way to Finals

In the University tournament , which is drawing to a close, L.S. Haskins '26 sprang the second surprise of the competition when he came from behind to take a five game match from P.M. Lenhart '27 for a place in the finals. The winner is the last man on the University team while Lenhart ranks above him in fourth position. In the upper bracket R.S. Wright '26 and R.N. Rawlins '27 will clash some time next week for the right to meet Haskins for the University crown.

Haskins in his last three matches of the tournament has displayed an uncanny comeback power which turned apparent defeat into victory on several occasions. The Wright Rawlin's match promises to be the competition contest of the competition with neither player conceded a material advantage. Wright, number one on the University squad, has fully recovered from his recent illness and is playing in top form again. His opponent has been displaying brilliant squash in the last two weeks, one of his accomplishments being the defeat of W.P. Dixon '26, national title holder, in four straight games in practice.