QUINTET WILL TACKLE CONNECTICUT AGGIES

CRIMSON FACES HARD SCHEDULE WITH 4 GAMES IN WEEK

Unabashed by its first reverse of the season at the hands of Colgate a week ago, the University quintet will tackle Connecticut Agricultural College in the fifth game of the season at 8 o'clock tonight in the Hemenway Gymnasium.

In all the games played between the two teams, the Crimson has won two, and its opponents two. Both are anxious to win the rubber game. The Aggies have beaten the strong Springfield outfit 37 to 33, and Sprinfield overcame the Tufts five. The court game is a major sport for the visitors, and they are expected to put on a strong attack.

The feature of their game is a zone defense, which always forces the enemy to take long tosses at the basket. All five men fall back into their own territory upon loss of the ball, which slows up the action of the game.

It is for that reason that Coach Wachter is still undecided as to his starting line-up. It takes big men to overcome that style of play, and in this respect Leekley and Barbee are vastly superior. Nevertheless, it is possible that Coombs and Jones may be called to go on the floor at the opening whistle.

The University team has not practiced together as a unit since the Holy Cross game two weeks ago, which may account partly for the lack of teamwork displayed against Colgate. Since that game improvement has been shown, and the team hopes to get back into the winning class tonight.

The stiffest part of the schedule comes at a most untimely period, four games having been scheduled for the eight days immediately following midyears. The men will not have had a chance to develop their passing by team practice before these games. Springfield is scheduled for February 6, North Carolina comes to Cambridge on February 8, and the team travels to the Western part of the state to meet Amherst and Williams on February 12 and 13.