MANSBRIDGE SPEAKS AT UNION AT 7.30 TONIGHT

UNION NEEDS TWO GRADUATE SECRETARIES NEXT YEAR

This evening at 7.30 o'clock in the Faculty Room of the Union Mr. Albert Mansbridge a British educational expert will speak.

Mr. Mansbridge, the son of a mechanic, founded the Worker's Educational Association in 1903 in England. The Association has since become a powerful institution, and its instigator having promoted the movement in other parts of the globe, especially in Australia.

Mansbridge has received degrees from Oxford, Cambridge and Manchester Universities in England. His knowledge of education and working conditions have brought him many appointments. He is at present chairman of the World Association for Adult Education, the Central Library for Students, and the Seafarers' Educational Service. He served on the Royal Commission on the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge during the period from 1919 to 1922.

The occasion of Mr. Mansbridge's trip to the United States is an invitation to lecture at the Universities of Chicago and Washington. He is only stopping in Boston for a few days.

It was announced yesterday that at the last meeting of the Governing Board and the Student Committee of the Union, the following vote had been passed:

"As the two present Graduate Secretaries of the Union are not to be in Cambridge next year, the Governing Board and the Student Committee wish to have submitted to them the names of all men who desire to fill this position. All men who wish to be considered are requested to send in to the present Graduate Secretaries their names, and information concerning the work they expect to do, and the time they expect to have available next year. Although this position requires a substantial amount of time, it carries with it an adequate compensation. Any student in the University except those who are now in the Freshman or Sophomore class are eligible to apply."