RACQUET HONORS HANG IN BALANCE

Loss of Number One Player Deals Heavy Blow to Crimson Chances for Another State Title

Sickness dealt a blow to Crimson hopes for another state squash championship with the receipt of word from Chicago yesterday that due to an attack of bronchitis which confines him to his home, R. S. Wright '26, number one on the squad, will be unable to play against the strong Boston Athletic Association team this afternoon. The matches will be played from 2.30 to 5.30 o'clock on the University Squash Courts.

The loss of Wright will mean that the players will each move up one place. The revised lineup will find Captain G. D. Debevoise '26, H. N. Rawlins '27, P. M. Lenharic '27, L. S. Haskins '26, and T. E. Jansen '26, playing in the order named. Harvard and B. A. A. are now tied for the leadership of the class A league and the match will decide the championship. Last year the University, led by W. P. Dixon' 25, national champion, captured four out of five matches from the Boston team to win the state title.

Rawlins Hopes to Repeat

The change in the lineup will bring about the second clash between Rawlins and Powers in two years. Last year the Crimson player furnished one of the thrills of the day when he pulled a close game out of the fire to defeat his opponent 3-2. M. P. Baker '22, former University champion will play captain Debevoise in what promises to be the fastest and closest match of the day. Baker nearly won a decision over Dixon last winter, but the Crimson leader has been playing in top form during the past week. Another former University star will be in the athletic association's lineup today. E. N. Upjohn '25, will oppose Lenhart in the third match. Lenhart plays a soft game and makes a large number of gets, that may make trouble for Upjohn.