JOE FORECAST BETTING ON DARTMOUTH BATTLE

TELLS HAWLEY IT WILL TAKE THREE TOUCHDOWNS TO WIN

Well, dear readers, this looks like a very large day. For before the last rays of the setting sun cease to cast a Crimson glow over the Green turf of the Great Allston Horseshoe (not bad, that, for an unliterary person), football fandom will be surprised, yea, shocked, for--but I'm not supposed to tell how Harvard games are to come out. That is part of the scouting agreement that Bill Roper, Tad Jones, and I made; and all good scouts keep their agreements just as regularly as they do their daily good turns. So I won't tell. I will only say that the Forecast shekels are being staked on said outcome in breath-taking amounts. It has always been hard, almost impossible, for me to find anyone with the temerity to wager against the infallible Forecast, but by a clever bit of strategy last week--you may have read the Saturday CRIMSON--I allowed credence to be given to the rumor that the Shemokin Idol is no longer infallible. :I have been accused of breaking faith with my public by purposely miscalling Saturday's results in one or two important cases, but what is one's public when there are little Forecast mouths to be filled--some of my brother's children. So I have been able to make wagers on today's game at what is no more than a reasonable business risk.

Called on Jess

As always, I called upon good old Jess Hawley immediately after his arrival. "Wah-Hoo-Wah, Jess," I said. It is part of my big democratic nature always to speak to people in their own language. "Wah-Hoo-Wah," Joe," he responded heartily, for we are great friends. "Thanks for trying to help me out last Saturday," he continued. For, as you all remember. I tried to instill confidence at the last moment into Jess's team by predicting they would score 27 points against Yale. Now wasn't that absurd? Ofcourse. I couldn't carry the deception so far as not to give Yale's correct total of 14, not even for an old friend like Jess. Anyway, it was no use, but Jess appreciated it just the same.

"How does it look for tomorrow, Joe?" he asked with apparent nonchalance, but I could see his besom heave and re-heave as he waited. I couldn't bear to crush him with anything definite, so I just said. "Well, Jess, it will; take three touchdowns to win, and you know what three touchdowns are."

And here's the rest of K:

Yale 21, Brown 7.

Princeton 34, Lehigh 0.

Boston College 40, St. Louis 0.

Amberst 27, Weslevan 7.

Tufts 27, Vermont 0.

Pennsylvania 34, Williams 6.