LARGE VETERAN SQUAD PRESAGES ICE SUCCESS

LONG ROAD WORK WILL PRECEDE OPENING OF SEASON

The University hockey season will open officially November 22 with a meeting for all candidates, it was announced by the Committee on the Regulation of Athletic Sports yesterday. Coach F. L. Bigelow '21 has been reappointed head coach for the University team. Under his guidance last season, the Harvard sextet won the Big Three hockey championship.

Among the veterans returning to the squad this year are Captain W. P. Ellison '27, F. W. Adams '28, E. C. Clark '27, J. P. Chase '28, C. D. Coady '27, C. C. Cross '27, Joseph Morrill '28, Nathaniel Hamlen '27, R. S. Scott '27, and Isadore Zarakov '27. The third successive undefeated Freshman team will add its recruits to the list of candidates for this year's hockey six.

Captain Ellison plans to have the hockey players get in shape by running several laps daily for two weeks before the start of regular practice. Some of the hockey veterans have already made use of the artificial rinks around Boston for early skating, but the majority of the squad will not take to the ice until after the close of the football season.