JUNIORS CAPTURE CLASS TITLE FROM SOPHOMORES

WILL PLAY YALE INTER-CLASS CHAMPIONS NOV. 12

With the team in a scoreless deadlock late in the final period of yesterday's class championship game, Allen, left end of the Junior eleven, broke through to hurry Whiting's attempted forward pass. He knocked, the ball up in the air as it left the hand of the Sophomore back, and the pigskin descended into the waiting hands of Adams, 1928 guard, who with a clear field ran 45 yards for the touchdown that gave to the Juniors the University title and the right to meet the Yale class champions on Soldiers Field next Friday. The final count was 6 to 0.

From the opening kick-off the winners forced the play, adopting a rushing game that kept the ball in their opponents territory most of the time. Although gaining consistently, and outplaying the Sophomores at every angle, the 1928 eleven distressing tendency to fumble in the pinches, which robbed it of more than one scoring chance.

Field Goal Try Fails

Balked in line plunges and end runs, the Juniors resorted to the field goal route to break the ice, and Heard tried a difficult drop-kick from the side of the field, 30 yards from the goal. The ball travelled the distance, but went wide of the mark. Again in the second quarter, after a long march during which the Juniors tore off gain after gain, the 1928 quarterback tried a goal from the 15 yard chalk directly in front of the posts, but Ingalls, Sophomore guard who was a tower of strength in the forward barrier throughout the game, blocked it, and recovered for the Sophomores.

The third period saw the Sophomore attack get under way, but the advance was halted when Barbee intercepted a pass at mid-field. The battle was fairly even until late in the final period, when Brine ran 25 yards to his own 15-yard line. On the next play Whiting dropped back to throw a pass, but it was blocked, and Adams recovered it to make his winning run. Heard's try for goal hit the upright.

The game with the Yale class champions will the Yale class champions will be played on Soldiers Field at 3 o'clock next Friday. November 12. The winning Yale team is not known as yet.

After yesterday's game, Brine, Ingalls, and Norris of the Sophomore team, were elevated to the Second University squad.

The summary follows: JUNIORS.  SOPHOMORES. Allen, l.e.  r.e., Fuller, Sexton Mulford, l.t.  r.t., Pickard Adams, l.g.  l.g., Williams, Kane, Brookfield, Sweezy Tuney, Fox, c.  c., Shapiro, Weller Cushing, Tuney, r.g.  l.g., Ingalls Hemminger, r.t.  l.t., Norris Hammer, r.e.  l.e., Weiler Heard, q. b.  q.b., Morris, Sawyer Sawyer, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Whiting, Lefrak Van Renssalaer, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Weymouth, Kalanis Barbee, f.b.  f.b., Wise, Brine

Score--Juniors 6, Sophomores 0--Touchdown--Adams. Referee--D. J. Kelly. Umpire--M. A. Cheek Jr. '26. Linesman, A. M. Blackburn '28. Time--10 minute quarters.