TIGERS DRAW FIRST BLOOD WITH 4 TO O SOCCER WIN

UNIVERSITY STOPS MANY SCORES WITH DOGGED DEFENSE

Princeton drew first blood in the weekend contests when her soccer team outscored the Crimson booters by a 4 to 0 count on Soldiers Field yesterday afternoon. This is the second consecutive year that the Crimson representatives have been forced to taste defeat, the score of last year's tilt at Princeton being 4 to 1.

The visitors forced the play from the start of hostilities, adopting rough, rushing tactics that kept the ball in Harvard territory during the first period and the greeter part of the second. Not until late in the first half did the University aggregation get under way, and succeed in holding the Orange and Black on more even terms.

shortly after the start of the game, Packard, Tiger center shot the sphere past Thomas from the middle of a scrimmage in front of the University goalposts. For the rest of the half the play was scoreless, although the Tiger, forward line had frequent shots at the goal. Thomas starred, making great stops of these bids for scores.

Stewart Scores for Tiger

Stewart, substituting for McNear in the Princeton skirmish line, got the ball near midfield in the third period, and dodging several Crimson defense men, dribbled the spheroid down the sideline, and suddenly sent a aizzling shot at an acute angle that skidded past Thomas and into the Harvard not for the second Tiger score. Stewart later, in the fourth quarter, scored form a free kick, after Crooks had fouled by failing on the ball.

In the fourth period Packard sent a shot into the goal which Thomas partially blocked, but the ball slipped from his hands, and rolled into the net.

The summary follows: HARVARD  PRINCETON Thomas g.  g.e. Barnouw Danielian 1r.  1l. W. Barnouw Crooks r. f. b.  l. f. b. Crocker Carr l.h.b.  r.h.b. McPherson Gherardi c.  c. Packard Parrott r.h.b.  l.h.b. McCabe Trevvett 11.  lr. Squires Kerness, Beals c.h.b.  c.h.b. Gay MacKinnon l.f.b.  r.f.b. Plummer Driggs o.r.  o.l. Einten Smith o.l.  o.r. McNear, Stewart

Score--Princeton 4, Harvard 0. Goals by Packard 2, Stewart 2. Officials--Referee, Dyer. Linesmen, Haskell, Harvard, and Hardt, Princeton. Time--22 minute quarters.