PEIRSON SUCCEEDS DEMPSEY AS FRESHMAN HOCKEY COACH

C. L. Peirson '25 of Essex Falls, New Jersey, has been appointed coach of the Freshman hockey team for the coming season, according to an announcement by Director of Athletics William J. Bingham yesterday.

In addition to playing on the Second hockey team, Peirson was a member of the golf team for three years, playing the No. 3 position during his fourth year of residence in Cambridge. At one time, Peirson annexed the Metropolitan Junior Championship of New York.

For the last three seasons, the Crimson has been represented by an undefeated sextet in Freshman competition, the fine record of J. L. Dempsey '23 being one of the outstanding coaching performance s at Harvard during the last few years. While it is too early yet to make any estmate on the ability of the Freshmen who will report to Coach Peirson this winter, several strong preparatory school afflatus are known to be enrolled in the first-year class, and it is certain that Coach Peirson will do his best to uphold the tradition established by the Freshman ex-mentor, Coach Dempsey.