LAST 1926 SMOKER TO BE HELD MARCH 2

Committee Lays Plans to Provide for Hordes--Living Room of Union Secured for Event

The last Smoker which will reunite the class of 1926 as an undergraduate body will be held Tuesday evening, March 2, at the Union, it was announced last night by F. T. Gibson '26, Chairman of the Senior Smoker Committee. President Lowell and J. R. Hamlen '04, Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Harvard Fund, will be present as guests of honor.

One of the chief reasons for holding the Smoker is to provide an opportunity to put before the class as a whole the method by which the Harvard Fund is raised and the manner in which each graduating class contributes its share to the permanent fund. In this connection Mr. Hamlen will address the class and will explain the purpose of the Fund..

The plan for an alumni fund made up of annual gifts was officially set in motion October 18, 1925. Headquarters for J. R. Hamlen, under whose personal direction the Fund will operate, have been established in Lehman Hall.

The class of 1926 will answer the first call for contributions to the Fund.

R. H. Field '26, Secretary of the Senior class, will make a short address. M. A. Cheek '26, First Marshal of the Senior class, will preside over the Smoker.

Gold Coast Music Engaged

A 15-piece Gold Coast Orchestra has been engaged by the Committee to furnish music during the Smoker. Refreshments and tobacco, in quantities suitable for the class, have been ordered from caterers who are already preparing to meet the heavy demand upon their resources. The Smoker will be held at 7.30 o'clock in the Living Room of the Union.