RACQUETMEN RETAIN TITLE ANOTHER YEAR

RAWLINS CHOSEN CAPTAIN FOR NEXT YEAR

With the loss of only two matches out of the 20 played in their progress through the tournament, the University Racquet wielders swept aside the opposition on the Racquet Club courts in Washington, D.C. to retain the National Team Championship for another year. After successively defeating Baltimore, Chicago, and Boston last Saturday and Sunday the Crimson squad downed the Philadelphia court team in the final match yesterday by a 4 to 1 score. After the match the team elected Herbert Noel Rawlins '27 of New York City, College title holder, who performed brilliantly throughout the championship play, as captain for next year.

Rawlins A National Possibility

The Crimson racquet men had little difficulty in dropping Baltimore and Chicago on the opening day of the tournament but lost one game to both Boston and Philadelphia on the following days. Bray of the Newton Center squad, playing for Boston, was the first to break the string of Crimson victories with a win over L.S. Haskins '26 last Sunday. In the final match Keele of Philadelphia inflicted the second loss against T.E. Jansen '26, in a tight struggle. S.P. Clark '14, who downed Captain G.D. Debevoise '26, in the semi-finals last year for the only University loss of the tournament, was helpless against the Crimson captain-elect yesterday. Rawlins, who adapted his game to the fast playing surface of the Racquet Club courts rapidly, was regarded by the experts who watched the daily play as the one player in the tournament who had a chance to wrest the individual laurels from the powerful Dixon.

The Philadelphia five, which went down to defeat yesterday in the final match, was composed of, Harrity, Clark, Coffin, Bland, and Keofe. The University squad played in its regular order except in the last match when Jansen replaced Haskins at number five, R.S. wright '26, the Crimson number one player, played consistant squash in defeating the four strongest men on the teams which faced the University squad. P.M. Leuhart '27 in the fourth position also won all his matches in decisive fashion.