STRONG OPPONENTS TO MEET CRIMSON OUTFITS

Princeton Grapplers Face Veteran Crimson Matmen--1929 Wrestlers Take On Andover

GRAPPLERS MEET TIGER ON MAT TONIGHT

Work in the Hemenway Gymnasium wrestling rooms ended temporarily Thursday afternoon with all the tryout matches completed and a team of seven men chosen for the hard contest with Princeton, which is to take place this evening at Nassau. The team took a 3 o'clock train south yesterday afternoon and will arrive at Princeton with plenty of time to work out on the Orange mat in preparation for this evening's meet.

Two injuries have handicapped the Crimson team, but it is believed that the substitutions will fill the gaps adequately. Thursday afternoon during the last preparatory work, Corson of the 145-pounders, injured his elbow and for some time it was thought his arm was broken. A physician rapidly called for diagnosed the case as an elbow out of joint. Corson is in no danger of permanent injury but he will be unable to wrestle for the rest of the year. Hayne in the 175-pound class has been kept off the mat for several weeks by an injury received early in the season and will be unable to meet the Princeton 175-pounder tonight.

For this evening Kullman has been put into Corson's place and Howe will wrestle for Hayne.

Five members of the team now representing the University at Princeton took part in the Crimson-Orange contest last year. Captain Bradford in the heavyweight class will grapple with Meistahn of Princeton, whom he defeated on overtime last year. Goldberg met and defeated Teakerin of Princeton last year in the 125-pound class and will attempt to repeat his victory tonight.

The men who went on the trip to Nassau were Turner, Goldberg, Sterns, Kullman, Wood, Howe and Captain Bradford.

POLOISTS RIDE AGAINST ARTILLERYMEN TONIGHT

In the first of the final round-robin series to determine the championship of the Boston Indoor Polo League, the Crimson mallet-wielders will face the 101st Field Artillery Team at the Commonwealth Armory tonight. One of the elimination games remains to be played, but besides the University, the Essex and the Artillery trios are sure of places in the final series.

Captain Pinkerton will ride his pony into action tonight supported by Stranahan and White, the same combination that has played together throughout most of the season. Lieutenant Colonel Needham, Major Furber and Lieutenant Pitman will provide the opposition, and the competition should be close. In the previous meeting of the two teams, the margin of a half a point lost the game for the Crimson, and the University riders will be out for revenge.

EPIDEMIC CALLS OFF 1929 COURT GAME

The Freshman basketball team will not go to Exeter this afternoon as it was scheduled to do. Due to a slight epidemic of scarlet fever Exeter Academy has been quarantined and no teams can enter or leave the school precincts.

It is possible that the 1929 men will be able to play the schoolboys some time later in the season, but no date has yet been set to replace today's game.

Next Wednesday a schoolboy team from St. John's Preparatory School will come to the Freshman Gymnasium to match its skill with the Crimson team.

FOILSMEN CROSS BLADES WITH SALTUS CLUB

The University foilsmen, fresh from their sensational victory over the Army at West Point last week, will meet three crack swordsmen from the J. Sanford Saltus Club of New York at 3 o'clock this afternoon in the Hemonway Gymnasium Sallo d'Armes.

The Saltus Club is well-known for the number of skillful fencing teams it has entered in championship meets in and around New York City and this year's team is believed to overtop even the skilful team of last year. The Saltus Club is a French organization, sometimes called the French Y. M. C. A., and many technical descendants of d'Artagnan have been developed in its Salle d'Armes.

The entries from the Club for this afternoon's contest are Dow, Devine and Adams. Dow and Devine will handle both the foil and the epee while Adams is third on the foils lineup.

Five University men will meet the trio from New York. Finnev, Carrillo and Allen are slated for the foils and Outerbridge, the star tencer of last year's Freshman team and Davidson will cross epees with their opponents.

FRESHMAN MATMEN TAKE ON ANDOVER

The Freshmen grapplers will meet a fast working team from Andover this afternoon at 3 o'clock in Hemenway Gymnasium. The lineup for the contest is the same as for the meet with the Springfield Freshmen except that Sykes, a 136 pounder who was forced to take on a 175 pound man will again wrestle in his own class. Kaufman is in the 175-pound class today as Goodwin is still out. Kaufman ordinarily works with the 158 pounders. Cowen has supplanted Lieberman in the 125-pound class and Lifrak, forced out of a job by Syke's return to his own class, will not wrestle today.

Arnold will wrestle in the 158-pound class filling the gap left by Kaufman's temporary rise to the 175 pounders.

Brown, in the 115-pound class and Churchill with the 145 pounders are wrestling in their usual places. There will be no heavyweight match this afternoon.