TWO CRIMSON COMPETITIONS START NEXT TUESDAY NIGHT

Sophomores will be given their final chance to compete for the CRIMSON board as Sophomores, and Freshmen will have their initial opportunity when the CRIMSON throws open its doors to 1928 photographic aspirants and 1929 business candidates at 7 o'clock next Tuesday evening.

The photographic competition gives 1928 one more chance to try their skill at clicking the camera. Experience and cameras are not prerequisites, as cameras will be supplied, and candidates will gain the experience after a brief period of work, which requires taking pictures of events, buildings and men prominent in the University.

The 1929 business competition will give the first-year men their initial taste of CRIMSON work. No previous experience is necessary in this department. The work consists mostly in soliciting advertisements, with a certain amount of office work. Candidates will have an opportunity to negotiate with representatives of prominent institutions of business, and to get an insight into the way business is carried on.

Both competitions will be for a period of 11 weeks. A respite will be granted during the Easter vacation, when no work will be required.