SQUAD WILL MEET HORWEEN TONIGHT

Non-Receipt of Cards No Excuse For Non-Attendance Says Burke--Spring Practice To Be Secret

The 1926 football season will receive its first boot tonight when Coach Horween addresses all prospective members of Captain Coady's squad at 7 o'clock in the Varsity Club.

Cards have been sent to all members of this year's Freshman squad as well as to as many of the second team group as are expected to be in college next fall. However, as it has been impossible to catalogue all football players in college, Manager Burke declared last night that the non-receipt of a card was no valid excuse for not attending the meeting, and that he hoped that all with pigskin ambitions would come, regardless of whether they had been notified or not.

The meeting tonight will be extremely short so as not to interfere with other possible college engagements. Coach Horween will make his first speech since his appointment as chief of the University football forces, and what he says will be of keen import, since his ideas and intentions have been carefully concealed from prying eyes up till the present.

Spring Practice Secret

How many of the new mentor's assistants will be present either tonight or at practice this spring is still very much of a moot question, since it is not likely that the full staff will have been selected until next fall. However, it seems probable that the selection will be limited to the more recent graduates of the University.

When practice begins on April 26, the Monday after the Spring vacation, the new Freshman field will be the scene of action. Workmen have already commenced to enclose it with an impenetrable board fence, according to the directions of Coach Horween, who wishes to conduct his first maneuvers in entire secrecy. The assumption by the Boston sports writers that this veil of mystery implies a radical upheaval is not at all an accurate deduction, according to the statement of the management made last night. The change in location is due to purely physical reasons, the desire to keep the Stadium turf in perfect shape for the contests next fall, while the erection of a board fence is but natural, since it is hardly to be expected that a new mentor would desire to reveal the full import of his thunder, six months ahead of his first season.