Lampoon Merry-Andrews Titillate Gold Coast by Creeping Over Sanctuary to Prepare for Frivolous Flag-Flapping

The attention of passers-by on Mt. Auburn Street was arrested early yesterday afternoon by the sight of several humorous-looking young men in precarious positions on the tiled dome of Lampy's owl-eyed habitation. Reporters and photographers hurried to the scene, which the crowd of onlookers steadily increased. The investigations or au enterprising CRIMSON reporter revealed the fact also preparations for a flag raising ceromony which is to take place shortly before 9 o'clock this morning were in progress. Those who seemed to be acting in the capacity of officials were careful to give out no definite information on this subject, perhaps having through previous experience a dread of too much publicity. The CRIMSON reporter, however, succeeded in gathering that something unusual was likely to transpire in the course of the next 24 hours. It was even rumored that Lampy had some villainous trick up his sleeve and that the flag would be of a verdant hue.

When questioned by the CRIMSON reporter as to the Crimson of the activities which were place in the very of the cupola and flag pole, President Whedon, Lampy's heavy leader, made the following pointed statement. "This is a party sent out by the American Mountaineers Society to ascertain if the lbis has yet laid any eggs."

Other of Lampy's closest protagonists refused to commit themselves on the matter. J. H. Quayle '27, who has successfully thrown the flagrope through the Ibis' stand, merely repeated the gist of President Whedon's statement in the word, "Eggs."