CHAIRMEN PICKED FOR 1929 RED BOOK

Subchairmen to Be Picked After Four Competitions-Meeting to Be Held on Monday evening

The appointment of committee chairmen for this year's Red Book was announced last night by A. G. Churchill '29, editor-in-chief as follows: Editorial Chairman, Richard Arnold Stout, of Louisville, Kentucky; Business Chairman, William Sterling Youngman, of Boston; Photographic Chairman, John de Laittre, of Minneapolis, Minnesota; Chairman of Arts and Cuts, Goode Paschall Davis, of New York City. In two of these departments the chairmen have also announced the appointment of subchairmen. In the editorial department, Arthur Harold Harlow Jr., of New York City, and, in the business, Barrett Whitney Stevens, of New York City.

John de Laittre and A. H. Harlow Jr. come from Milton; W. S. Youngman went to Middlesex; G. P. Doris, Choate, R. A. Stout, Louisville Male High; B. W. Stevens, Ridgefield Academy.

Only One Sub-Chairman Named

In each of the four departments only one sub-chairman will be appointed. Competitions will start in all departments with a meeting for candidates at 7 o'clock on Monday evening in Smith Hall Common Room. In the editorial and business divisions two sub-chairmen and 12 committeemen will be picked from these competitions; in the other two departments only one sub-chairman and five committeemen will be chosen. These competitions which are the last ones open to Freshmen will continue until April 18, except that in the business department which will not end until April 27.

The editorial competition will consist in writing up various class activities. Articles will be assigned to the candidates, and final selections will be based on the quality of the writing. The candidate who submits the best poem in the form of a prologue and epilogue will be put on the committee as class poet. Business candidates will work in two divisions, one on procuring advertisements, and the other on getting subscriptions and later selling the book.