TEAMS ARE PICKED FOR TRIANGULAR DEBATES

FORENSIC TILT WITH YALE WILL BE HELD SATURDAY

After several try-outs which have been held during the last two weeks the University teams for the Triangular debates have been chosen.

The affirmative team which will oppose Princeton is composed of the following: Barrett Williams '28, D. W. Chapman '27, and F. W. Lorenzen '28. The Princeton debate, which was originally scheduled to be held this Saturday at Princeton has been postponed until April 10. The fact that Princeton started working on the new subject later than Harvard and Yale has made this postponement necessary.

The Yale debate will be held as scheduled at 8.15 o'clock in Payne Hall. E. C. Sibley '28, D. S. Dickson '27 and I. J. Fain '27 have been picked to defend the negative against the Eli debaters.

The original subject for these debates was changed a few weeks ago to "Resolved, That education is the curse of the present age." This subject was picked in accordance with the wish of the debaters of all three universities for a question with possibilities for an exercise of humor. After the debate the Coolidge prize of $100 will be awarded to that member of the debating teams who has shown the most ability in the preparations for the Triangular debates. Coach H. P. Sharp 1L. will pick the recipient of this prize.

D. W. Chapman '27, Barrett Williams '28, and D. L. Dickson '27 spoke in the triangular debate with Princeton and Yale last year and F. W. Lorenzen '28 was an alternate.

D. W. Chapman '27 was awarded the Coolidge prize of $100 for the most skill and initiative in the preparation of a debate. Yale vanquished both Harvard and Princeton last year and the University speakers triumphed over the Tiger debaters.