LACROSSE TEAM TO SEE A SCRIMMAGE THIS WEEK

ADVERSE WEATHER TO BLAME FOR LATE START OF STICKMEN

"Lacrosse practice has been going on for some time in spite of unfavorable weather, and a squad of about 40 men has been reporting regularly," said Coach Irving Lydeker yesterday. "Weather conditions have held the team back greatly, but we expect to get out for scrimmage this week.

"Most of the material for this year is new and the result is that a great deal of work will be necessary to whip the team into shape to meet the very difficult schedule which we have this year. The team is working as well as can be expected under the conditions, but this year there is the additional drawback of a rather small squad. There is still room and opportunity for new candidates and I urge more men to come out."

Goal Practice Has Been Held

Up to the present time, such out-door practice as there has been, has been behind the Stadium due to the poor condition of the field. Goal practice has been held for about a week, and there has been a little scrimmaging whenever the unusually adverse weather conditions have permitted.

The experienced men who are back from last year's squad are carrying on with a great deal of promise and some exceptionally good new material has been uncovered.

Regular Practice Expected Soon

The lacrosse team is not expected to be on the field for regular out-door practice until about April 5, at the earliest which is only ten days before the first game.

The schedule this year is unusually heavy, with eight and possibly nine games between April 15 and May 22. The following is the schedule: April 15, Cambridge-Oxford; April 21, Cornell at Ithaca; April 24, Union College at Schenectady; May 1, Brown; May 8, Princeton at Princeton; May 15, Dartmouth; May 22, Yale.

1929 To Play Only Yale

The Freshman lacrosse team's schedule is restricted to one game on May 22 with Yale. The game will be played in New Haven.

In addition to the above schedule, the management of the University Lacrosse Team hopes to be able to arrange a game with Colgate at Hamilton. This game if played, will be scheduled for April 22 and will then be one of three to be played on the spring trip.

Spring Trip Begins April 20

The team will start on its annual trip on April 20 and will be away for the entire week. The first game will be played with Cornell, after which the team will go to Syracuse. Provided the game with Colgate can be arranged the team will go to Hamilton before it goes to Schenectady to play against Union College. The squad will return to Cambridge at the end of the vacation.