CARROLL AND DUGGAN APPOINTED BY UNION

"Vacation Night" Added to Series of Sport Nights -- Pictures Include Grand Canyon and Glacier Park

James Lawrence Carroll, Jr. '26 of Melrose, and Lawrence Hayden Duggan '27 of New York, were appointed yesterday graduate secretary and assistant secretary, respectively, to the Union Governing Board. They are to succeer C. P. Fordyce '26, and R. F. Bradford '23.

The appointment of a Junior to the position of assistant-secretary is a recently initiated procedure. The reason given for this is the turbulence of routine business caused by the change of secretaries each year. The junior secretary will continue in this position and automatically succeed to the secretaryship, subject to the approval of the Governing Board.

Vacation Night

In addition to the appointments, the Union announced the program for Vacation Night this evening beginning at 7.30 o'clock in the Living Room of the Union. The inauguration of Vacation Night is intended to supplant the Union's series of "sport nights", by showing for the benefits of members who may be thinking of going out West this summer some glimpses of a few of the most interesting places.

The movies will be chiefly Glacier Park, of the animal life in Yellowstone Park, and of Mt. Rainier. As an innovation, color pictures of the Grand Canyon will be shown. There will also be a Harold Lloyd comedy. "Never Weaken." This is a re-issue of one of the first of the comedies which made Harold Lloyd famous as a comedian. Music for the evening will be furnished by Bowers' Venice-Lido Orchestra, conducted by R. S. Bowers 3L.