HOPES FOR TITLE GO WITH RUNNERS

Emerson Norton to Lead Champions in Fight to Keep Title--Miller to Match Paces With Hussey Again

The University track squad of 34 potential point winners, who were largely responsible for the decisive Crimson victory in the H-D-C meeting last week, will entrain for New York at 1 o'clock tomorrow. On Saturday night the University team will attempt to wrest the national indoor crown from the champion Georgetown athletes, when over 500 track stars will meet in the annual I. C. A. A. A. A. contests at the 102nd Engineers Armory. The squad, accompanied by Coach Farrell, Manager S. deJ. Osborne '26, and Assistant Managers S. E. Gleason '27 and B. W. Griscom '29, will stay at the Vanderbilt Hotel when in New York.

Yale Also Bulks Dangerous

For the first time in recent years the Crimson runners will enter the big event of the indoor track season with proven power which will rank on a par with any of the teams which have filed entries. Georgetown with its great athlete, Emerson Norton, as the nucleus of the squad, is again conceded an even chance to win first honors and retain the title for another year. Last year the Georgetown squad of 20 contestants piled up 37 points to the 24 1-4 points scored by the University team in capturing second place over Pennsylvania. Yale is the second team that the Crimson Athletes will have to beat to finish in the first position, according to reports of practice trials in New Haven.

With Captain Tibbetts, Miller, and Haggerty in top form and barring bad breaks, both the defending champions and the Eli runners will probably find it difficult to break into the first place column in the two mile run, the 40-yard dash, or the mile run. the Crimson leader stands supreme in eastern two mile circles and is expected to crack his own indoor intercollegiate record of 9 minutes 32 2-5, hung up in last year's meet.

Hussey Strong in Longer Sprints

One of the high lights of the competition will be the 70-yard sprint event in which Miller will also certainly clash with Frank Hussey, holder of the National A. A. U. 100-yard title who will compete for Boston College. The Crimson sprint star has bested the Boston College flyer consistently this season in the shorter dashes, but Hussey comes fast after the 50-yard mark and has been clocked in close to record time in this event. He has been trained carefully this season and has just reached the top of his stride.

The University is conceded to be strong in the track events but will be hard pushed to capture places in the field contests. In the triangular meet last Saturday the Crimson squad displayed some unexpected strength in the field events, and with each man in top form the University team has an even chance to get its share of points in these events. The following is a list of the probable Crimson entries:

Running Broad Jump Jones.

Pole Vault--Combs, Clark, Burbank.

25-Pound Weight--Berglund, Lindner.

70-Yard Dash Miller, Burns, Peck.

One-Mile Run--Haggerty, O'Neil.

Two-Mile Run--Tibbetts, Watters, Kobes.

70-Yard Himh Hurdles Ballantyne, Clark, Smith.

Mile Relay--Broome, Lundell, Rogars, Kane, O'Neil, Dunn.

Two Mile Relay--Luttman, Watters, Tibbetts, Haggerty, Hall.

Running High Jump Jones, Hollis, Jenney, Renouf.

16-Pound Shot Put--Pratt.