COPELAND FETED AT ANNUAL DINNER

Twentieth Banquet of Copeland Alumni Association at New York Harvard Club Tonight

For the twentieth time the Charles Townsend Copeland Alumni Association will fete Professor Copeland at an annual banquet which will be held this evening at the Harvard Club of New York. Professor Copeland was enthusiastically greeted last night when he read to a large audience in the Nicholas Biddle Memorial Hall of the Harvard Club of New York.

Among those who will speak are James Byrne '77, Thomas W. Slocum '90, Richard Douglas '12, Heywood Broun '10, Alexander Woolcott, Robert C. Benchley '12, Richard Washburn Chiki '03, and Owen Wister '82.

Reading Twentieth of Series

Twenty-two years ago Professor Copeland gave his first reading to the Harvard Club of New York at the invitation of a committee of which Jerome D Greene '97 and Langdon P. Marvin '98 were members. At that time a group of admirers of Professor Copeland formed the Charles Townsend Copeland Alumni Association, which is today the only such organization of its kind in the world. They then instituted the custom of having an informal dinner on the night following the reading. As time has passed more and more men, being persuaded what a great part Professor Copeland plays in the life of the University, have attended the dinner.

The committee for the banquet this year is composed of Thomas W. Slocum '90, Thomas W. Lamont '92, P. M. Hollister '13, and J. P. Jones '02.