LACROSSE OPENER FALLS TO CRIMSON STICK TEAM

LATE START INJURES UNIVERSITY STICK HANDLING

Last Saturday afternoon, the University lacrosse team played its first game of the season, blanking the Boston Lacrosse Club with a 2 to 0 score The contest was an informal meeting consisting of two 20 minute halves played on the regular lacrosse field. Gillies and Force counted for the Crimson.

Point For Game with English

The game on Saturday against a team made up to a great extent of former University lacrosse players, was largely scheduled to give the team experience and did not serve to point out the probable line up for next Thursday when Captain Reed's stickmen have their first formal clash in the game with the Oxford-Cambridge team.

To Concentrate on Stick-Work

Coach Lydecker, in commenting on Saturday's game, said that while it was closely contested, the team needed a great deal more practical work and experience. "We have had such a late start this season, that the team has had little opportunity to practice its stick-work which will have to be improved upon greatly before we go against other teams.

"Every position on the team" continued Coach Lydecker, "is being closely contested for, and it will be impossible to know who will start the Oxford-Cambridge game until after we have had more scrimmage."

The English invaders are playing a series of games in this country, and the game on Soldiers Field Thursday will be their seventh. Up to the present the British team has won once and lost three times.