HARVARD TWELVE BATTLES BRITONS

Have Dropped Majority of Their Games to American Teams--Lydecker Predicts Close Struggle

When, at 4 o'clock this afternoon, the referee blows his whistle to start the Oxford-Cambridge Lacrosse game to be held in the Stadium, the University Lacrosse season will be on in earnest.

Until yesterday Coach Lydecker had not fully decided upon the members of the team which he would match against the English stickmen, due largely to the fact that every position is being hotly contested. It is probable that during the game, provided the British team agrees, substitutions will be made in order that all men possible can gain practical experience. Substitutions, which are not permitted according to English rules, will probably be allowed this afternoon.

Lydecker Predicts Close Brush

Coach Lydecker, in commenting on today's prospects, said that he felt that this first official contest of the season would be a very closely contested one in spite of the fact that the English team has not been very successful in its games in this country. On the other hand, the University team is largely made up of green material, and due to the most unfavorable weather conditions prevailing this spring, the squad has not been able to obtain the necessary amount of practice.

Much is expected of the veterans who will play tomorrow, and they will be looked to for defense work in addition to sharing the burden of the attack.

The lineup of the teams will probably be as follows: HARVARD  OXFORD_CAMBRIDGE Clifford, G.  GG. Borden Watson, pt.  pt. Ogilvie Gamache, C.pt  c.pt. Greenwood Lann, f.d.  f.d. Brown Reed, s.d.  s.d. Good Combs, t.d.  t.d. Harker Hatch, c.  c. Adshead Sayles, t.a.  t.a., Formby Babson, s.a.  s.a., Bowker Simpson, f.a.  f.a., Mallard Gillies, o.h.  o.h., Marshall Lane, i.h.  i.h., Cole