A STEP FORWARD

The announcement in today's CRIMSON concerning the new plan for closer cooperation between the Student Employment Office and the Alumni Employment Office must arouse pleasure in the minds of those who need every opportunity developed for their procuring positions after their graduation in June. Too little effort has been directed in the past to concentrate the function of the various agencies interested in student employment.

College men are certainly needed in all fields of industry. Yet the country, for the time being, has more college men than can be easily adjusted to the exact needs of themselves or the outside world. Therefore each college must, in every way possible, attempt to place its graduates in positions at once congenial to their progress and to that of the industrial world.

That some such effort is being formulated here is now apparent. By directing combined efforts during these spring months the college employment offices can save many a graduate from the limitless red tape attached to job hunting through cosmopolitan agencies. Those who have sponsored this cooperative endeavor, therefore, must receive the commendation of all those who have ever undertaken that most fatiguing of activities--job hunting.