Phillips Brooks House Publishes Report

Graduate Society's Raison D'Etre Is "Challenging Quality" of Men

Perhapse the most valid reason for the existence of the Graduate Schools Society of the Phillips Brooks House Association is to provide a moans for the members of the several schools to come to know the strong and challenging qualities of their associates. This can be accomplished only through personal contact. With this end in view a Cooperation Sheet was sent at the first of the year to each graduate student. Upon this sheet he checked the particular type of activity in which he was interested. Men of similar interests were then brought together. The theory behind the whole plan was that although all graduate students are intensely busy, each man does have a limited amount of time which he wishes to use in association with his fellows.

The following groups represent the results of the procedure just mentioned; a Quarter Century group interested in capitalizing the fact that we happen to be doing our graduate work at the opening of the second quarter of the twentieth century. T. E. Terrill 1G., chairman; a group interested in the discussion of current religious questions, W. H. Clark 1G., chairman; an Economics discussion group. A. N. Moore 2G., chairman; an English discussion group, W. H. Cary 1g., chairman; a Sight-Seeing group, S. B. Jon3w 1G., chairman.

Collection totalled $393.

Information bureau activities, weekly infirmary visitations, solicitations of contributions from graduate students amounting to $393, and the annual reception on October 5, have proceeded in much the same manner as in previous years.

The Dance Committee, W. S. Clark 3G., chairman, has arranged a number of pleasant social occasions. Cooperation generously extended by committees of the Association has been greatly appreciated, and occasional opportunities have arisen to return such favors.

Distinguished men have lectured

Plans for the publication by Scribner's of the Sunday afternoon addresses given in the Lecture Course in Religion. T. G. Frank 2G., Chairman, are materialising in accordance with the plan outlined by Mr. Shimer in his report for 1924-25, with but slight variations. There has been an average attendance of 138 at these lectures, of which there have been 18 as follows: Professor C. H. Moore, "The Religion of College Men"; Professor G. F. Moore, "Religion, its History"; Professor J. B. Pratt, Williams College, "Religion, Its Psychology"; Professor T. N. Carver, "Religion, Its Basis in Economic Fact"; Professor M. O. Hudson, "International Cooperation"; Professor G. H. Palmer, "Ethics and Religion"; Dr. Morton Prince, "Survival After Death"; Dr. R. C. Cabot, "Religion and Health"; Professor R. B. Perry, "Religious Values"; Professor Daniel Evans. "Christianity and Other Religions"; Professor F. G. Peabody, "Paths to Christian Unity"; Professor G. H. Parker, "Influence of Evolution on Religion"; President A. Lawrence Lowell, "Public Opinion and Religion"; Dean Roscoe Pound, "Law, Politics, and Religion"; Dean W. B. Donham, "Business and Religion"; Dean H. W. Holmes, "Religion in Education"; Professor Kirsopp Lake, "Mysticism, Evidence of God, Prayer"; and (next Sunday) Bishop William Lawrence, "Personal Religion." The Cabinet of the Association has voted to continue the lectures throughout the coming year.

For the success of this year's work, particular recognition is due the various, groups meeting under the auspices of the Society, and especially to the members of the Executive Committee, who are as follows:

A. E. Baker 2G.B. W. H. Cary 1G., W. S. Clark 3G., W. H. Clark 1G., F. K. Endo 2T.S., M. A. Francon 2G., T. E. Frank 2G., J. M. Hernandez 3G., B. P. Hivale 4G., S. B. Jones, H. W. Kite 1G.Ed., Rev. F. C. Lawrence 1G., B. K. Little 1T.S., R. P. Miller 2G., A. N. Moore 2G., I. G. Sbu, gr.T.S., T. E. Terrill 1G.  Respectfully submitted,  R. L. Olson 3