UNIVERSITY NINE SEEKS VENGEANCE IN JERSEY JUNGLE

Kellogg Again to Pitch--Freshmen and Seconds Face Yale at New Haven in Final Games

Princeton, N. J., May 28--Princeton will send Kellogg, its first-string pitcher against Harvard for the second time tomorrow when the two teams clash outside the Palmer Stadium. No changes will be made in the Tiger batting order, and whatever pitcher Coach Mitchell nominates for mound duty will be faced with the same array of stickmen that shelled Barbee, star Harvard twirler, off the hillock a week ago.

Tigers Toyed With Swarthmore

Since the game a week ago. Princeton has played only one game. On Wednesday, three Nassau hurlers had an easy work-out against Swarthmore allowing no runs, while the Tiger outfit was clouting the Red and Black offerings to all corners of the park, Princeton winning 11 to 0. In this game, LaBeaume, whose stick work featured at Cambridge in the first game, went hitless, but Rhees, Tiger center fielder, and Slagle, continued their assaults. The former collected three safe bingles in five trips, while the left fielder managed to insert two safe blows, one of them a double with two runners on the base.

Coach Clarke used almost his entire squad against Swarthmore. Though he has definitely announced that the identical line-up that faced the Crimson a week ago will be in action tomorrow, it seems likely that should the game be going badly for the Princeton out fit, he will not hesitate to make shifts during the game. Wilson substituted for Richards at short, and Lackey, last year's first string catcher also got into the game, relieving Lewis, who worked against Harvard in the series opener. Lackey signalized his reappearance at the plate by collecting three hits in as many times at bat, and he is due to see action tomorrow should a pinch hitter at any time be in order. Goeltz and Handy followed Kellogg to the rubber against Swarthmore, and they will act as Kellogg's relief should the Tiger ace falter tomorrow.

1929 and Seconds Face Yale

There will be no baseball on Soldiers Field this afternoon, all three Crimson teams playing away from home this week end. While the University team tackles Princeton in the second game of the year, the Freshmen and Seconds journey to New Haven, there to do battle with the Blue in what will be the last games on their schedules.

The Crimson Freshmen should meet in the Yale first-year men a team capable of furnishing the spectators with some lively baseball. Yale so far has lost only to the Princeton Freshmen and to Dean Academy. The Harvard outfit has not played either of these teams, but the Blues' defeat at their hands is hardly a disgrace as both these teams have been practically undefeated. The only game to mar the Crimson's slate is the Exeter encounter, the locals losing, 9 to 8. The Yale yearlings downed the Exonians, 5 to 1.

Coach Davidson is not planning any changes in his line-up, and has not yet definitely decided upon his mound choice. Either Malloy or Ketchum will probably start with Whitemore held in reserve. Last year's Freshman team, with Barbee on the mound, lost a close game to their New Haven rivals, losing, 2 to 1 in the ninth inning.

The Second team that, meets the Yale Seconds at New Haven has had a checkered career, playing good ball at times, only to fall down at crucial moments. At present, the Parent coached team seems to have hit its best stride, defeating the strong Huntington team in a twelve inning game on Wednesday.

The Brown Freshmen furnish the only basis of comparison between the two teams. The Eli scrubs downed the Brown Cubs, 6 to 3, white the University substitutes lost to the Providence aggregation, 3 to 1. Kenn will probably start on the mound for the Blue, while Coach Parent will make his mound selection from among Gates, Ellis, and Nash