HONOR FRANCKE IN GIFTS TO MUSEUM

German Society Is Donor of Bequests in Honor of Professor Francke's Seventieth Birthday

Further gifts will be bestowed upon the Germanic Museum Sunday when a distinguished delegation of German-Americans will be the guests of the University officials, and will officially unveil three replicas of notable works of art with which they previously endowed the museum, and which are examples of medieval sculpture. They fill the gap in the otherwise most representative collection of German art reproductions in America.

Fanti will be presented to the museum with which Prof. Kuno Francke, curator who is now in Europe will be able to obtain another valuable piece of art.

Under the leadership of Dr. Otto Gogan formerly of Vienna, Rudolph Erbsloch, banker: Otto Spengler, representing German authors in America; Professor A. Busse and Professor Camillo von Kienze, former Harvard men, an organization was formed last year on the accasion of Professor Kuno Francke's seventieth birthday to commemorate the service this founder of the Germanic Museum tendered to the cause of German art.

It was planned to collect funds, as the share of the citizens of German birth to devote its particular efforts toward endowing the Germanic Museum of Harvard, with representative examples of Germanic art. Not only have three important replaces of famous works of sculpture arrived at the museum but the committee will also deliver this Sunday a large check to the acting curator. Professor Horatio S. White for the purchase of an additional gift. Professor Kuno Francke, at present abroad, has been authorized to personally select the new addition.

Professor H. S. White will welcome in Professor Francke's absence the delegates coming from all parts of the United States and the University's visitors' committee, members of the faculty as well as the students of the German Club of Harvard are to be present on this occasion. A sight-seeing tour through Boston and an inspection of its historic points of interest wil complete this memorable event.

A private ceremony at which only invited guests and officials of the University will be present will be held Sunday at which the official presentation of these gifts of art will be made by the visiting party. They will be accepted for the University by Professor Clifford H. Moore, dean of the faculty of arts and sciences. Professor White will also speak.

Following the exercises, the visitors will be entertained at the Harvard Union, and will later be escorted about the University grounds.