CRIMSON HORSEMEN FALL BEFORE MYOPIA RIDERS

GAME USED AS PRACTICE FOR COMING INTERCOLLEGIATES

The University polo team suffered defeat at the hands of the Myopia team on the Myopia Polo Field, at Hamilton. The seventh chukker ended with the score 11 to 7 in favor of the home team.

The game was marked by several minor accidents, the first of which came just after the opening when the pony on which F. J. Prince Jr. was mounted stumbled, throwing him. He was uninjured and returned to the game.

Myopia Opens With Two Scores

Myopia opened with two scores in the first chukker, but Harvard countered by scoring first in the second chukker. The University team went scoreless for the remainder of the chukker, and for the whole of the third frame. The hosts scored in every period except the sixth, Harvard's best during which two goals were scored by the Crimson.

Prince was close to the Harvard goal post on many plays, preventing the visitors from scoring. For Myopia, Q. A. S. McKean and H. P. McKean did most of the scoring, with four goals to the credit of each. D. P. Rogers scored three. Alexander Shaw '28, lead the scoring for the University, with four goals as his record. Pinkerton, University captain, collected two goals, and Stranahan, Crimson back, completed the Harvard scoring with one tally, the first Crimson goal of the game.

For Harvard the line-up which, has seen action in the last half dozen contests played throughout the game. Captain R. D. Pinkerton '27 at back, and Alexander Shaw '28, at 2 were in good form, but R. B. Burnett '27 and F. D. Stranahan '26 were not up to their usually excellent standard. The match with Myopia proved excellent practice for the forthcoming matches in the Intercollegiate Tournament at Rye.