POLOISTS REACH PEAK OF SEASON

Quartet Journeys to Myopia for Two More Contests This Week--Ponies Face Severe Schedule of Travel

Playing for the Copley-Plaza Trophy this afternoon, the Crimson polo team faces the peak of its outdoor season in the next two weeks. Today's match will see the Harvard ponies galloping against those of the Dedham Polo and Country Club. Two games at Myopia are scheduled for this week, and on June 19 at the Westchester Biltmore Country Club the quartet will be fighting to defend its intercollegiate title.

The Copley-Plaza trophy will be the reward of the victors in this afternoon's struggle against Dedham. The game will be played on the field of Governor Forbes in Westwood and will start at 4 o'clock.

The Dedham quartet will be made up of experienced players. Philip Saltonstall. W. Cameron Forbes, J. Dudley Clark and Jasper Bacon, all well-known in Boston polo circles, will be riding the Dedham ponies in the order named. Alexander Shaw '28, Captain Robert Pinkerton '26, R. B. Burnett '27 and F. D. Stranahan '26 will ride for the University Burnett is the only man in the line-up who did not share in the triumph over Yale in the finals of the intercollegiate tourney last spring, and this will be his first public appearance with the Crimson four.

The University ponies are in the best condition for today's match. Those of Stranahan have just arrived. He has already worked out with them but the game today will be the first opportunity he has had to ride them against opposition.

The Myopia matches have been added to the regular schedule by Manager E. W. Mudge '27 in order to secure more practice before the supreme test of the intercollegiates. The encounters will take place on. Thursday and Saturday of this week against a team made up of North Share sportsmen. The same Crimson team that sees action today will probably be in the saddles at Myopia. Against them Dudley Rogers, Shaw McKane, his brother Harvey McKane, and Frederick Prince will ride, all Poloists of considerable experience.

The ponies leave for Myopia in special trucks on Wednesday afternoon. They will be stabled there until Saturday's final game and sent back to Cambridge on Sunday. Their voyaging will be interrupted by practice for the University horsemen on Monday afternoon and on Tuesday, a week from today, they will be shipped to Rye for the intercollegiate tournament.

Mrs. Allen Forbes, it was announced last nights has donated individual prizes for the members of the winning team this afternoon. There will be nothing at stake at Myopia but guardianship of the famous intercollegiate trophy will depend on the team's success at Rye. Alexander White, '28, veteran of last year's champion four, will not be able to play in the first game against Princeton, but he is expected to be eligible after the opening contest, and his spectacular playing last year will make Harvard a favorite to repeat if the first obstacle is successfully overcome.

With Yale and Harvard in opposite halves of the five-team draw, the final is expected to be a Crimson-Blue affair. The Tiger contest on June 19 is expected to be the crucial test as far as the Crimson Poloists are concerned With White back in harness, as Crimson followers are hoping he will be, the chances of the University squad will be materially increased.