ESME HOWARD'S SON WINS SCHOLARSHIP TO HARVARD

F. P. Howard, son of Sir Esme Howard, present British Ambassador to the United States, has been awarded one of the three Henry P. Davison scholarships given each year to Cambridge University students, and has been assigned to Harvard for his excuse of study starting next fall.

The son of the English diplomat is at present enrolled in Trinity College of Cambridge. It was not made known what field of study Howard will engage in while at the University, although he will probably continue his work in history and literature which has occupied his efforts at the British institution. The remaining two Cambridge students who were awarded scholarships by the committee, are Arthur MacDonald of St. Johns College, and C. D. G. Nicholson of Jesus College. The former will be enrolled in Yale, while Nicholson will take up his studies at Princeton, in the field of architecture. He is the son of a well known English painter and has won Cambridge scholarships in architecture. MacDonald, during his period of study at the English University established a name for himself both by his athletic prowess, and by his work on University literary publications. He was a member of the dark Blue relay squad which ran against Oxford this spring, and was editor of the Eagle Magazine during the year.