Guinea Hens Join Yard Cops, Cercle, and Tutors in Grays Basement--Lampoon Heads Silent on Rumored Banquet

Residents of Grays Hall awoke yesterday morning to the frightful matutinal noises of guines bens.

This unusual phenomon was later explained by the Yard cops whose home office swells the basement of Grays. With the aid of the Tutors in History and Liturature and the Cercle Francais they discovered the animals in the apartments of J. O. Whedon '27, President, and De Witt Endicott '28, prominent member of the Lampoon.

There gentlemen were quick to explain that this was not an old Lampoon custom but a Christmas present. Whedon, when interviewed, declined to comment, but Bob Lampoon, who was appointed guinea guardian extraordinary, suggested that this was not a surprise in so much as the Lampoon had been keeping birds of one feather or another for some time.

"Now there is the Ibis bird and then there was a turkey--"

Here the cries of the caged creatures forced the jovial jester to abandon speech for action. Freed eventually from his trusteeship by the lethal nature of his ward's actions, he continued by explaining that for years he had worked with live animals and that he loved them. "Even Freddle, and I are old friends," he concluded.