PHI BETA KAPPA WILL TUTOR FOR MID-YEAR EXAMINATIONS

Chairman to Hold Office Hours on Friday and Saturday

Continuing its policy of aiding students before examinations, the Phi Beta Kappa Tutoring Bureau has again set up a similar system of tutoring students for the mid-year examinations. In connection with the work of the Reading Period the organization decided to begin work with the opening of the University after the Christmas recess. The tutors have announced that in addition to assisting students for the mid-year examinations they will be willing to guide them in their work during the Reading Period.

The purpose of the Society, according to Hyman Sobell '28, chairman, is not to relieve the tutee from individual study or to hold seminars, in which a whole year's work is reviewed in a few hours, but to clarify and correct wrong methods of application. The results of this plan of study have been reported as satisfactory.

In order to expedite the routine connected with assigning individuals to tutors, Sobell will hold office hours on Friday and Saturday from 12 to 12.45 o'clock, at Thayer 9.