WEATHER FORCES CANCELLATION OF DARTMOUTH GAME

Green May Play Twice in Boston--New Hampshire Visit Possible for Harvard--Date Listed February 18

Lack of outdoor ice, due to the unseasonable weather conditions, has forced the cancellation of the first of the two hockey games between Harvard and Dartmouth, scheduled at Hanover today.

Despatches from Dartmouth yesterday stated that almost unprecedented weather has prevented outdoor skating for some time, and that play would be impossible. Officials of the New Hampshire college denied any possibility of a game until after mid-year examinations.

No definite plans have been made, according to an announcement at the H. A. A. The Harvard skaters may pay a visit to Hanover after the examination period, or the Green team come to the Boston Arena for a second game in addition to the tilt now listed for February 18 on the Boston rink.

Tradition Lends Glamor

Tradition of the past few years has thrown over Harvard-Dartmouth hockey meetings a titular glamor. In 1926, the two sextets, Crimson and Green, came neck and neck down the home stretch of the ice season, and a 3 to 2 victory gave Harvard the mythical crown of the eastern ice. Last year, after an early 4 to 2 loss, the Indians rallied in the second game to battle through three overtime periods to a 3 to 2 tie and a share in the glory of the championship.

Successful preliminary, seasons have stamped the rivals as strong combinations this year. Each team has dropped one game. McGill University of Montreal took the measure of the Green by 4 to 2, and of Harvard by 3 to 1.