1931 HOOPMEN TRIUMPH OVER ANDOVER QUINTET

Win Rushing Offensive Game By 30 to 18 Score-Makes Second Victory for First Year Team

A rushing offensive game brought the Freshman basketball team a 30 to 18 victory over the Andover Academy quintet Saturday in the Freshman Gymnasium. With the exception of Frank, the schoolboy players had difficulty in scoring. Frank was the leading score of the game with six goals from the floor to his credit.

This was the second victory for the first year men, who in the opening game of the season defeated the Tilton Academy hoopmen by a score of 35 to 15. The Freshmen forwards had little difficulty in breaking through the Andover defense, and never were the goals of the first year men in danger. HARVARD  ANDOVER Seeger, Rex, Johnson, r.f.  l.g., Ringlard, Mettler Dutton, l.f.  l.g., Smith, Dorman, Brinknell Mahady, Rule, c.  c., Senn, Richard Foshay, r.g.  r.f., Frank Howard Brinkley, l.g.  r.f., Davis

Score, Harvard Freshmen 30, Andover 18. Goals from floor, Dutton 4, Seeger 3, Rex 2, Johnson, Foshay, Mahady 3, Frank 6, Howard, Davis. Goals from fouls, Dutton, Foshay, Howard, Davis, Referee, Souders. Time of halves, 20 minutes.