UNIVERSITY MAT-MEN GO TO DEFEAT BEFORE COLUMBIA

Lose 17 to 10 as 1931 Overwhelms Tufts 30 to 5

The University wrestling team went down to defeat before the Columbia mat-men by the score of 17 to 10 in their meet in New York Saturday night, while the 1931 grapplers were overwhelming the first-year Tufts team at Medford by the score of 30 to 5.

In downing the Crimson grapplers, Columbia won its fourth consecutive match of the season, proving itself one of the outstanding contenders for the Intercollegiate Championship. The matches and especially the tilt in the unlimited class between Captain T. D. Howe Jr. '28 and Cunco were of the best and most exciting ever held at the Columbia Gymnasium. Cunco finally threw Howe with a head and body hold, one minute and 57 seconds after the start of the first extra period.

The feature of the Freshman meet was the fact that all the matches were won by the falls, Harvard 1931 taking all but the 175-pound class contests. Kiyoshi Yamaguchi was acting captain for the first-year Crimson grapplers in the meet with Tufts.

The Harvard-Columbia summary: 115-pound class: Nichols (C) defeated L. J. Chibas '28, by referee's decis-

ion.

125-pound class: Rabbins (C) defeated H. C. Henchel '30, by referee's decision.

135-pound class: Simmons (C) defeated Joseph Lifrack '29, by referee's decision.

145-pound class: Henriquez (C) defeated C. C. Corson '28, by referee's decision.

158-pound class: J. F. Solano '30 defeated Brown (C), by fall, Time, 5 min, 14 sec.

175-pound class: Nathaniel Warner '30 defeated Carson (C), by fall, Time, 3 min, 8 sec.

Unlimited Class: Cuneo (C) defeated Captain T. D. Howe Jr. '28, by fall, Time, 1 min, 57 sec, in first extra period.

The Harvard 1931-Tufts 1931 Summary:

115-pound class: Kiyochi Yamaguchi defeated Stella (T) by fall.

125-pound class: M. S. P. Pollard defeated Meusse (T), by fall.

135-pound Class: J. W. Fox defeated Edinger (T), by fall.

145-pound class: T. O. Frazier defeated Plamer (T), by fall.

158-pound class: D. M. Greeley defeated Blodget (T), by fall.

175-pound class: Giles (T) defeated D. J. Orgain, by fall.

Unlimited class: P. N. Voncks defeated Littleton (T), by fall