NINE HARVARD MEN WILL PLAY FOR SQUASH CROWN

CAPTAIN J. L. POOL '28 TO MEET B. H. WHITBECK '29

The opening matches of the State Amateur Squash Championship tournament today will find nine Harvard men competing for the Class A squash crown. The matches were arranged late last night by the committee in charge of the tournament, which is sponsored by the Massachusetts Squash Racquet Association.

The men who drew matches in the first round must have all of their sets played off by Monday, but the places where the contests are to be played are left to the decision of the players. Winners must report the outcome of their matches immediately afterwards to the Boston Athletic Association at 80 Exeter Street, Boston. In the event of any entrant failing to discover in the newspapers today with whom he is to play, he will be expected to call at the Association and find out what match he drew.

The list of the University player's matches is as follows:

S. M. Dupertius '28 vs P. D. Sheeline of the Boston Athletic Association; J. C. Breckinridge '31 vs E. R. Hastings of the Union Boat Club; O. Phipps '31 vs A. M. Smith; Seabury Oliver '28 vs A. N. Sonnabend of the University Club; J. L. Pool '28 vs B. H. Whitbeck '29; A. C. Ingraham '31 vs. R. W. Read '22 of the Harvard Club; A. G. Thatcher '30 vs Lothrop Withington '11 of the Union Boat Club; G. T. Francis '30 vs S. R. Morse '17 of the Harvard Club.