S.H. WOLCOTT TO BE ALUMNI MARSHAL FOR CLASS OF 1903

Rowed on University Crew in Yale Race in Senior Year--Now Vice-President of State Street Trust Company

Samuel Huntington Wolcott '03, of Boston and Readville, was appointed Commencement Day marshal for 1928 at a recent meeting of the Directors of the Harvard Alumni Association. The selection was in accord with the tradition that the marshal shall be a member of the class, which celebrates on Commencement Day the twenty-fifth anniversary of its graduation from college.

Mr. Wolcott was a prominent member of his class during his undergraduate days in his Senior year he rowed on the University crew in the Yale race. After his graduation he entered the Boston office of Brown Brothers and Company, and remained with that firm, as agent and atorney, until 1919, when he became vice-president of the State Street Trust Company, which office he still holds.

He has also been secretary of the Provident Institution for Savings, and a director of the Harvard Alumni Association. Mr. Wolcott was a member of Battery A. Massachusetts Militia for seven years and afterwards second and first lieutenant in Troop B of the Massachusetts Guard; as a member of the latter organization he was on duty in the autumn of 1919 during the police strike in Boston. On October 22, 1918, he enlisted as a private in the Army and was detailed to the Field Artillery Central Officers' Training School at Camp Zachary Taylor, Kentucky. He was discharged on November 29, 1918.

Mr. Wolcott is a son of the late Roger Wolcott '70, who, in 1895, while he was Lieutenant Governor of Massachusetts, was Commencement marshal. Roger Wolcott was subsequently Governor of Massachusetts for three years, in addition to ten months of service as Acting Governor after the decease of Frederic T. Greenhalge, '63, who died in office, March 5, 1896, while Governor of the Commonwealth.